Tuesday 4 November 2008

NaNoWriMo - Day 4

While working for a construction company I had to spend an entire day as a crossing guard on a train line. The retard who was supposed to be doing it didn't turn up. To kill the boredom I wrote a short story. About 5000 words in tiny writing on a pocket note pad.

Now, a year later, I came across the scribble while digging through the 'maybe' drawer for ideas. Since I'm desperate for material I have converted the story into dialogue, using as many of the original words as possible, just to make life harder. I'm still not up to the required word count for day four, but it's a big step in the right direction.

Number One Competitor: 7240 words

Coops: 4545 words (Nano wants 6667)

Justification/excuse: None again. Cruising.

Lame rating: 1

No comments: